Here is the quick workaround to fix it.
1. Go to the gear icon at the top of your WordPress dashboard and click.
2. Scroll down and click “Flush Cache”.
3. Try to update the plugin.
If that worked, great you are good to go!
If it didn’t work go to step 4.
4. Deactivate the plugin that won’t update.
5. Uninstall that little nuisance.
6. Go to “Plugins” on the left of your dashboard.
7. Select “New” and search for the one you deleted.
8. Reinstall that plugin.
Now you have an up to date plugin.
Go have a cup of coffee to celebrate and get on with your day…Enjoy!